624.99 599.00 Excl. tax
The highest performing, most user friendly, and most reliable tech binding for aggressive backcountry skiers. Refined with 4 seasons of testing and enhancements.
The most intuitive, reliable and powerful lightweight touring binding. Period.
Since its rookie season G3's ION alpine touring binding has collected 3+ prestigious Editor's choice awards each season and spawned a whole series of lightweight tech bindings including the ION 10 and lighter ION LT 12. Coveted by skiers around the globe, the ION's feature set and performance has earned a loyal following from seasoned mountain guides to resort freeriders looking to go deeper beyond the boundary lines. Easy, confident step-in sets the tone of the day so you can put your gear in the back of your mind and focus on what really matters - your ski objective. Forward pressure and optimal energy absorption provide a smooth, reliable ride that aggressive skiers have been begging for in the backcountry.
Simply put, it’s the highest performing, most user friendly and most reliable lightweight tech binding you could ask for. Power up, then charge the descent.
- Optimal Energy Absorption = Maximized energy absorption. Minimized pre-releases.
- Forward Pressure = Maintains consistent release values in landings and compressions.
- Step-In Guidance = Quick, easy & consistent step-in.
- QuickFlick Heel Lifts = Easy to grab with pole or hand.
- User Friendly Heel Rotation = Turn heel in either direction to lock for touring with either hand.
- Single Tool = Pozi Drive #3 for all mounts and adjustments. No heel spacer needed.
- Snow Clearing Channel = Prevents snow buildup, avoids unwanted pre-releases.
- Powerful, Dependable Brake = Fully retracting spring-loaded brake. Reassuring step-in.
- Heel AFD = Consistent release for all boots, independent of sole type.
Din Range: 5-12
Standard release tests don’t account for many of the real world causes of unwanted binding release. G3 takes binding testing further to ensure consistent step-in and retention that holds up to the very real challenges of snowpacking, boot icing, step-in techniques, high speed chatter and toe jaw pressure.
WHAT DOES LOCKING OUT DO?
Locking the toe is a tour function that eliminates unwanted release while skinning uphill. Many backcountry skiers have adopted the practice of locking out while skiing as a hacked solution for retention inconsistency. Locking the toe while skiing defeats the release mechanism and puts you at risk.
ELASTICITY KEEPS YOU IN
For most tech bindings, energetic skiing in chattery conditions means unwanted pre-release - this is how the bad habit of skiing with locked out toe pieces was born. As the toe jaws on these bindings partially spread, the force required to release the binding drops drastically, causing unwanted release. G3’s unique toe jaw dynamics flip that trend, absorbing roughly 50% more energy than other tech bindings before releasing. Meaning you can use it for what it was designed for—you skiing confidently in ski mode without the fear of prerelease.
Reviews Create your own review
0 stars based on 0 reviews Create your own review
Best sold with
624.99 599.00 Excl. tax